Sunday, January 01, 2006

25

So my 25th birthday has come and gone, and now I'm officially almost in my mid-twenties. This is older than I ever thought I would make it to, so this is a pretty solid achievment. A life lived looking both ways and only mostly ignoring safety labels has paid off, thus far. Or maybe I'm just lucky. Who knows. The point is: look at this sweet present Maura got for me:



That right there is the definitive biography on one of my two heroes, the ol' TJ. It's on the mantle because it is extra special. The series is called Jefferson and his Times, by Dumas, and I have read the last one, which you can see in the photo is entitled The Sage of Monticello. It was excellent (as you may have heard), and I look forward to reading the rest of the series as soon as I finish the other million books I have in my queue. I'm going to need a new bookshelf soon.

Anyways, I'm excited.

3 Comments:

At 1/01/2006 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Val said...

The books make the fleur de li ball look less lame.

 
At 1/02/2006 04:24:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're just jealous YOU don't have a fleur de lis.

 
At 1/02/2006 03:50:00 PM, Blogger Matthew McDonald said...

i love the ball.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home