Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Winter Blues

I've always felt like I have a mild case of Seasonal Affective Disorder, ingeniously acronymed "SAD," but which in my case would probably be more aptly labelled "ANTSY." I don't know what the words for that one would be, though.

I'm dying lately to go outside and consume some Nature, but it's cold as a tomb out and dark as that same tomb anytime that I'm not working (and sometimes when I am), which puts a bit of a damper on things, especially since I don't own a winter coat. Being inside all the time is certainly something I am accustomed to, but being forced to be inside all the time is another matter altogether. It's always wintertime that I think about buying a sailboat again, and it's always wintertime that I wish I was doing other crazy things, like rockclimbing, or hanggliding, that sort of thing.

The ironicish part is that during the summer, I forget all of these things and, well, procrastinate, sitting inside, most of the time. Such is life. I'm just kind of bored and cooped up I guess, with that sneaking suspicion that outside the world is entertaining wild adventures without me - while in reality it's really just being really, really, cold. And somewhat dark.

Bleh. Back to Mario Kart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home