Monday, October 17, 2005

Bikes!

Here's this. I wish I had known about this, I totally would have gone.

Fredericksburg is extremely crappy for riding bikes around. I guess because the actual city part is so small and most of the population (including me) is in suburbs, each one with a single outlet and connected by narrow little roads with no shoulders. I guess we are still too close to the time when all of this area was farms.

Anyways, it is my dream to be able to ride my bike to work in the morning (it is only 4 miles), but the only exit from my neighborhood is onto one of those aforementioned roads. It's crazy swervy and crazy hilly to the point of just being dangerous to ride on. So I am all in favor of these guy's idea, even though they don't really say what it is exactly.

Also why I will be voting YES for this guy, which happens to include improvements for that very road outside my house. Too bad I will be long gone by the time they get around to actually doing anything. Yay for more taxes!

1 Comments:

At 10/20/2005 08:19:00 PM, Blogger Val said...

What if the thought was that it would be easy to ride your bike on it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home